(Blue River Academy Ofsted inspection. 2012/13)
Welcome to Blue River Support Services
Blue River Support Services supports vulnerable and disadvantaged young people aged 11 to 25 into education, training and employment.Our services include:
• DFE registered special school Read Blue River's New OFSTED Report for 13-16 year olds
• Referral forms can be downloaded Download Academy Referral Form
• Clean Brake enterprise project The Clean Brake project has been awarded the London 2012 Inspire Mark!
• Supplementary / key skills classes Blue River Academy has achieved the Continyou Quality Framework Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards
• Examination centre for OCR, EDEXCEL and AQA GCSE and A levels 16+ GCSE retake and Functional skills centre
• Other projects Read Blue River's Newsletters
Blue River concentrates on the prevention of problems and early intervention, rather than reacting to problems as they occur. Blue River is driven by key needs in the local community. Youth unemployment in Sparkbrook, Birmingham is at 24%, double the national average. Sparkbrook is also among the 7% most deprived wards in the UK, which results in poor outcomes for vulnerable young people.
Blue River’s projects are proven to reduce youth unemployment and increase youth employability in Birmingham, through equipping young people with key skills and competencies.
Blue River’s work in the past six months was recently calculated to provide over £400,000 of social value for disadvantaged young people in the community.